Friday, July 18, 2008

Running again

Well, today I got a call from...a job rental firm, or whatever it is in english. They suggested me a job and I agreed. The place where I am supposed to work is nearby, so instead of doing my 'normal' route I decided to run there and back. 10 kilometres in total, quite an increase to the 3,5km's I've run for a few times now. As far as I recall, one is not supposed to increase the distance by more than 10% per week.

Anyways, I got there allright but then my ankle decided it had had enough and started acting up. I had to walk a hundred or so meters, then run a couple hundred and then walk again, took me 1h 20min to do the whole thing, shouldn't have taken more than an hour.

What again made me miserable of the fact that I live in Finland, was that there was pretty much no one out there. I mean, I saw maybe two guys rollerskating a few teenagers and a couple random people. And a shitload of people in their cars going one way or another. Why don't people spend time out anymore? I can't even remember when was the last time I saw a girl jog somewhere in this city/town. Makes me quite depressed really.

Anyways, before I went for a jog I did 3x4 pull ups, and the same after I came from the jog. I held a pause form the push ups, but did 3 sets of 20 sit ups.

I also glanced a few few pages of basics of french language...just something to use my spare time on, I guess.

No comments: